New: Scheduling and automatic (de)publishing
As of today, it is possible for all users of Plate to publish pages in the CMS in the future. This allows you, for example, to prepare a post in the CMS today that will not come online (automatically) for another 4 days.
In the absence of this feature, we have seen workarounds by a number of developers in recent months to make this possible anyway. Technically this was possible but could lead to performance issues. Therefore, starting today, we are launching this application 'out of the box' for everyone. In this article we explain to you exactly how it works.
When adding any type of 'post', when you add it (and later in the settings of that page), under the 'Settings & SEO' tab, there is now the heading 'Publish automatically'. Here you can enter the date on which this page should become visible. Optionally, you can also add a 'depublication' date here if you want the page to be automatically made inaccessible (e.g. a weekly promotion or a Christmas message).
If you want to have a page published automatically in the future, leave the check mark at 'Content' unchecked. This new feature ensures that this checkbox is automatically turned on when the publication date arrives. Also, this feature ensures that the checkmark will be turned off again at the time of 'depublication' if you have entered it. So follow these steps:
1. Here you leave the 'published' checkbox unchecked
2. Then click on "Settings & SEO.
3. Here you enter the publication and/or depublication date
Note the following:
- If a page is de-published it is not deleted but it is no longer approachable, this means you get a 404 page.
- If you want the page to actually be removed you have to do this yourself on the dashboard.
- If you want the URL of that page to continue linking to another page (e.g. /weekly actions/week-48 should link to /weekly actions after deletion) you can do this on the dashboard under 'redirects'
Otherwise, do you have any questions about this position? Feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org